Today’s and tomorrow’s business demands are heavily influencing the IT Architecture of an Organization.
There is a need to have fast, reliable, high quality solutions at affordable cost to gain efficiency and competitiveness on the market.
This lead to higher IT complexity and many difficult technological choices:
How to make an IT System responsive to business needs?
Is .NET, Java, PHP, COBOL for me and my organization?
How to introduce a new technology in my IT Landscape?
Will this solution meet my needs?
Will we benefit of the change?
The Nuenn consultants will support you with finding answers by preparation of:
- Feasibility Studies
- Technology Evaluation
- Functionality / components coverage
- IT Landscape Inventory
- Scenarios & Risk Evaluation
- Suggestions for pragmatic Solutions
There are at least 5 solution options to investigate for every problem:
- Royce-Royce® solution – All requirements and needs are satisfied with Hi-Tech modern robust components. The implication of RR solution are usually High Cost
- Shoelace solution – As an opposite to RR it is a Low Cost solution to fulfill only emerging requirements. To have the most critical functionalities introduced but no fancy Hi-Tech. It is also considered as an intermediate state in IT Landscape evolution towards the target architecture. May small steps may result in a huge change.
- Little less then RR – As RR and Shoelace are setting the boundaries of possible solutions, lets think about what will happen if we implement a little smaller scope than RR. It may reduce reduce a cost of solution and save the most important features in the scope
- Little more than Shoelace – As an opposite to previous one we analyze the consequences of having more robust solution than just gluing thins together
- Do nothing – Leaving the state as is also an option to consider. It is associated with Risk, nevertheless this thread or opportunity could have acceptable consequences.