Business Process Modeling
What is Business process?
A business process is a collection of related, structured activities or tasks that produce a specific service or product (serve a particular goal) for a particular customer or customers.
What is Business Process Modeling?
Business process modeling is an approach to understand the processes behind an enterprise and represent them in communicable graphical manner to enable monitoring, improvement and higher transparency of everyday operations.
The Nuenn Business Process Modeling practice brings the efficiency gains to your business. The top 5 key benefits of BPM in organization:
- Increase process efficiency
- Gain Competiveness advantage
- Understand IT responsibility during process execution
- Increase agility of processes
- Continuous process improvement
Business process modeling leads to improvement of the tasks performed by the business. The analysis process detect activities which are:
- Business Value Positive – adds a value to you business by generating revenue, market shares, recognition etc.
- Are Necessary for Business Value Positive activities – Without them the business value can not be increased will not be possible, but they do not bring value itself
- Generating WASTE – Activities which are done but are not necessary and do not bring any value to your company. Example reworking, waiting, overproduction,
The comprehensive analysis of an enterprise is performed on all levels of your business and detects the three main groups of processes:
- Management – processes that control the operation of an company.
- Operational – processes that define the main business and generate the main value stream.
- Supporting – that support the main processes. For example accounting, recruitment, and IT support.